Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Applesauce experiment

Last year when I gave you all my Criss Cross Applesauce recipe it was very measure out and clear. Not this year. I've decided to take some apples put them through my apple torture device and throw them in the crock pot with some sugar and cinnamon. The picture is of my apple torture device. It peels cores and slices the apples.


So I put the apples in a crock pot and added a lot of sugar cinnamon and water. We will just see what happens. Why did I decide to do it this way? 

  1.  I have guests coming into town and wanted it to be able to can some sauce for them.
  2. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
  3. I'm lazy.
There now all of that has come to light let me tell you more of the apple plans for this year.
I want to make a pie. I didn't last year. I would like to make some more bread because it was really good. Most of all our biggest plan this year is to make a hard cider.


We were going to make our own cider but that seems pretty difficult so instead we are going to take a second Elijay trip and buy some of their non pasteurized ciders and harden them up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment