Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I mentioned Hard Cider once.

First I'd like to start off with Happy New Year. Second I'd like to say this isn't supposed to be a blog about apples it just kind of happens I cook a lot with apples. Which is funny because apples aren't even close to my favorite fruit. Anyway I had mentioned hard cider in a previous post and thought I should let you all know how that went.

We bought regular cider in the apple stores because we didn't have the right equipment to make our own. The cider was very tasty however at some point in our brewing process it became very dry. Many people claim to like it. While I wouldn't be surprised if they were lying to my face I'm glad they do. However it's not so much hard cider as it is apple wine. We also never tested to check the alcohol content so I have no clue how strong it was. I think we will try again next year but as for this year I'm going to put cider down  ad a not so big success.

I should mention that my S.O. brews A LOT of beer at home.

Over the holidays I was given a lot of exciting cook books. I'm very interested in whoopie pies ever since I made some back in October. One of the books I got was on whoopie pies and I have to say they are quite good, Also I was shocked to learn that whoopie pies originate from north of the Dixie line I only find this shocking because saying the word whoopie pie brings out my southern drawl like nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment